problem in downloading a file from the server

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
AriSilva

problem in downloading a file from the server

Post by AriSilva »

Hi folks,
Using the CsWeb application in the internet, and accessing my server, it shows the list of datafiles there, no problem so far.
When trying to download one of them, using the download option, it downloads the pff and then, when trying to execue the pff to download the file by real, it gives an exception error message (see attached).
I´ve done that a zillion of times, but it does not work with this specific file.
I´ve tried to upload a small part of it (60 cases), and it works, but when I upload the whole thing it fails.
If you need to look at the file I can send you the server direction and my user name and password.
Best
Ari
Attachments
exception.png
exception.png (28.78 KiB) Viewed 8261 times
Best
Ari
sherrell

Re: problem in downloading a file from the server

Post by sherrell »

Hi Ari,

From the client, could you send us the sync.log? CSPro will take you to the folder where it's located if you click on the "Help" menu item from within CSPro, then select Troubleshooting > sync.log file.

From the server, could you send us the api.log file? More info on that can be found here: https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSWeb/t ... oting.html

Either post them here to the forum or send them to us at cspro@lists.census.gov if you are concerned about any confidentiality issues.

Thanks,
Sherrell
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

Please find attached the last part of the sync.log in my desktop.
It says the there is a problem in a record in the second batch being downloaded.
I could not find the sync.log in the server, could you send me a step-by-step to reach it?
Alos, I´ve done some other tests in he csdb file, getting frequencies from the variables, and something very strange happened: one of the variables could not present the frequency in excel format, but it worked using table and html. This is a regular (1 byte) variable, with a valueset from 1 to 8, and the only thing that occurs to me i that its name has more than 32 characters (and also the valueset name with the suffix _vs1).
Best
Ari
Attachments
log1.txt
(57.86 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
Best
Ari
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Hi Ari,

Per our email conversation outside of this post, the download issue you mention was a bug in CSPro 7.7, the version you are running. So, if you can upgrade to v8, that will fix that problem.

As for the Excel issue, Greg said that excel worksheets apparently have a max width of 31, so he'll fix this for v8.1.

Sherrell
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

Thanks for the replay.
The question of migrating to 8.0 is a little bit difficult now, since this particular survey is still being worked in the field.
For the new surveys in the future that are being programmed we are thinking of updating to 8.0. The problem is that we need to create a new server because we need to install a new version for the php, and by doing that we cannot work with the surveys that are using 7.7, we tried that and they are not compatible.
Best
Ari
Best
Ari