Improved CSWeb reconfiguration

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
lestcape

Improved CSWeb reconfiguration

Post by lestcape »

Today I had to change the DNS and IP of my server, where I had several surveys half done. After this, I tried to reconfigure CSWeb without deleting the database (for obvious reasons) and I ran into several problems, which I list below:

1- The triggers are created with "CREATE TRIGGER" and not with "CREATE TRIGGER IF NOT EXISTS", which causes an error that the trigger already exists.

2- The new CSWeb administrator password is inserted ignoring it if the user already exists, which makes it impossible for the new password to overwrite the previous one.

Other issues though, these were with CSWeb 8.0.0, but not CSWeb 8.0.1. Therefore, I never really found out what caused these, as i resolved my problem using a clean and new CSWeb 8.0.1. That problem also occurs to me with CSWeb 7.6 but not occurs if i use a clean install of 7.6. So, it's related with some information that are generated and that is causing the issue. Probably is needed a deletion of the whole internal files of the folder var, and not just the cache. Or is related with something in apps/config. I don't know really, It need more investigation.

Hope, that help to enhanced that procedure a bit.
Last edited by lestcape on June 12th, 2024, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lestcape

Re: Improved CSWeb reconfiguration

Post by lestcape »

I also note that you do not add "files" to the lists of folders that need write permissions. Please add and check this also.
savy

Re: Improved CSWeb reconfiguration

Post by savy »

We will fix the trigger issue and the files check. Admin password behavior will not be changed for security reasons. Password can be changed only when logged into CSWeb dashboard.