A Data Dictionary describes the overall organization of a data file, in other words, it gives a description of how data are stored in a file. CSPro requires that a data dictionary be created for each different file being used. A Data Dictionary file has the extension .DCF.
In the Data Dictionary you can:
• Define simple or complex hierarchical file organization.
• Define hierarchical levels, identification items, records, items (fields or variables), value sets (categories of values), and values.
• Create descriptive notes for documentation.
• Define multiple-occurring items.
• Produce reports of file organization.