Dropbox sync

Discussions about CSEntry
josh

Re: Dropbox sync

Post by josh »

Have you created the sync file (.pnc file) and put in your Dropbox folder on your PC? If you have done that successfully then in sync setup once you enter the dropbox path and click connect you will see the name of your sync file.
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

Did not work and the file UG FORM.ppf locatedin the UG FORM folder in dropbox and this is my code in CSPROSYNC folder

[SyncFile]
version=CSPro 6.0

[Server]
Type=Dropbox

[Sync]
ServerPath=/UG FORM
ClientPath=/UG FORM

Put=UGDATA.dat

can i get a YouTube video tutorial for this???
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

I have managed to create the data entry in android phone via dropbox and sync is working good. The only problem is that when i synchronize each time the file .dat for data creates another .......(n).dat files. where n stands for number of synchronization. I expected the sync to update the datafile and not creating multiple files.

Anyone with the idea to remove this problem???
josh

Post by josh »

This is a known issue with CSPro Dropbox sync. We are looking at how to change it so that it overwrites the existing file.
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

Dear Josh

Does FTP option have the same problem? can i use FTP in my local computer or online server only?
josh

Post by josh »

FTP does not have this problem.

It is possible to set up an FTP server on your local computer and then connect to it over the local area network. I have done this using Filezilla FTP Server for testing purposes. However this will only work if your Android device is connected to the same local area network as your PC. Otherwise you would need to have your PC setup as a public server (public IP address...).
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

were you able to create or download the data entry program in mobile and did you try to do data entry?? send your codes here for your syncfile
RERII

Post by RERII »

I am in dire need here.
1) I cannot get my GPS to work I don't know if I can just ask csentry to get the GPS coordinates the phone has?
2) I cannot for the love of get the csentry to sync with dropbox

I used the setting for the gps on here in one other forum but it didnt work and i tried what was in the survey from the train station mobile survey. it didnt work either.
The dropbox keeps saying could not change to remote dir / Mobile+JW/mytry.PNC: An error occured while changing to path:/ Mobile+JW/mytry.PNC
RERII

Post by RERII »

I mean I will even post my phone number or personal email if I have to get help from one of you guys. Please save me, and is the extension .PNC or .pnc

Post by Guest »

Okay so I managed to get the GPS working and now I'm able to take pictures also but for the love of me I cannot get the darn .pnc or .PNC file to work
I always get the error saying

"could not change to remote dir Mobile+JW/nuktry.pnc: An error occurred while changing to path:/Mobile+JW/nuktry.PNC