Error while entering partially saved cases

Discussions about CSEntry
bidhu

Error while entering partially saved cases

Post by bidhu »

Hi,

I am using the CSPro version 5.0.3 for data entry. I have a situation where some the cases are partially entered. When I am trying the modify the partially entered case, some very unusual type of error is occurring. After finishing the enetry for remaining fields, a pop-up message comes saying "ID-variables are not filled, please reenter." When I press "OK" there, it asks whether I want to accept the questionnaire. When I say "Yes", another pop-up message appears "Entry message (E 2013): Record occurrences generated for record _IDSO". I pressed "OK" here also. Upon this another error message appears, "Entry message (W 1026): ID-variables are not filled, please reenter." When I press "OK" here, the case finally get saved, but without an ID and the partailly enetered case is remained as it .

For your information, my PFF files reads as following:
[Run Information]
Version=CSPro 5.0
AppType=Entry
[DataEntryInit]
Interactive=Both, Lock
StartMode=verify
Lock=add
FullScreen=No
NoFileOpen=Yes
[Files]
Application=..\entry\XXX.ent
InputData=..\YY\XXX.dat
[Parameters]

Also, please note that I am using the onstop() and savepartial function to save the partially saved cases.

Any help will be much appreciated. Many thanks
Gregory Martin

Re: Error while entering partially saved cases

Post by Gregory Martin »

Are you assigning values to all of your ID items? Are any of them blank, perhaps because of logic that was executed that made them blank?
bidhu

Post by bidhu »

Thanks Greg for your response. I have rectified this error now with some experimentation, but have landed with another error.

I am trying to save cases in partial mode by using the "onstop", "get symbol" and "savepartial" commands. it works fine and saves entered case as "partially enetred" case. For completing the data entry for this case, I go to modify mode and write a command at the "PROC ID" skip to the last field entered. Please note that the last field information I have fetched it using the getsymbol command. It works fine here also and skips to the last entered field and you can complete the data entry. After finishing the data entry, the partially entered case becomes a fully entered case. My problem starts here. After completing the data entry, if one reopens the case, then the fields enetred in the first session are empty. That means, if before stopping the data entry only five fields were entered, those five fields will become empty after completion of data entry. I am not sure what is the problem here.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Are you using system-controlled mode? In that case, skipping past data in modify mode will clear all the fields that you skipped over. This is by design, as skipping implies that the fields that you're skipping over are not relevant questions and so the fields become notappl. What you want to do is use the advance statement instead.

See more here: http://csprousers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=460
bidhu

Post by bidhu »

Mnay thanks. It solved my problem.
prabhustat

Post by prabhustat »

Hi Bidhu,

Let me know, how you resolved the issue, I am facing the same issue. will please give a example.

Thanks in advance

PP :)
bidhu

Post by bidhu »

Perhaps I had placed savepartial option before at the _FF and therefore, I was getting the error. I moved it to level procedure.
prabhustat

Post by prabhustat »

Thanks Bidhu