Partial save in Roster

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
amari

Partial save in Roster

Post by amari »

I am experiencing an issue with partial save functionality in the roster. My goal is to gather approximately 20 questions from each household members. In cases where a respondent needs to delay data collection due to the unavailability of information at the moment, I provide the option to proceed to the next case by utilizing a dummy question and call the partial save there.

For example, if there are 3 members in a household, the enumerator enters information for all 3. However, for the 1st household member, they fill out a few questions, use my the dummy question (lets say its in Q10 and Q11) to jump to the next, and repeat. At the end of each person's schedule, another dummy question is used to indicate completion (calling stop()) and allow the enumerator to finish, ensuring a partial save option is recorded for the 1st person(it's reflect even in the data file).

The challenge arises when resuming the data collection for that specific case. Instead of directing the user to the right place, specifically the location of the 1st person's incomplete information(between Q10 and Q11 in above example), it directs them to the last person's last dummy question (Where I used to call Stop()). Am I addressing this issue correctly, and if not, how can I guide the user to the correct location programmatically? Additionally, it's important to note that a user may postpone data collection for several household members, resulting in multiple partial save lists that I haven't detailed here.
sherrell

Re: Partial save in Roster

Post by sherrell »

Sorry for the late reply, it looks like we missed your post.

The SavePartial() function saves all data entered to that point. CSPro does not keep a running list of all fields from which the SavePartial() function was invoked.

SavePartial() is separate from the high-water mark of where you last were when you left a partially-completed case. I'm assuming you have elected to allow the user to save the case partially when they leave a case before completing all required fields by checking Options > Data Entry > Allow Partial Save.

If you want to maintain several points of return (incompletion), you would have to maintain that list yourself.

Sherrell