Export into PDF ?

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
bill

Export into PDF ?

Post by bill »

Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on a project where I've been using CSPro for data collection and processing. It's been great for handling complex survey data, but now I'm at a point where I need to present these findings in a more polished and accessible format. This is where I'm thinking a PDF editor could come in handy. I'm wondering if anyone here has experience in exporting data from CSPro into a PDF format, particularly for creating detailed reports. How do you manage the integration and compatibility between these two tools? Also, I'm concerned about maintaining data security and confidentiality while sharing these PDF reports. Any tips or suggestions on the best PDF editors that work well with CSPro data, or general advice on how to seamlessly combine these two for report generation would be really helpful.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences and recommendations!
Discover here pdfsmart
justinlakier

Re: Export into PDF ?

Post by justinlakier »

Hi,

CSPro does not have PDF as a format for either exporting data or generating reports. HTML is used to generate reports. Your best option to create a PDF report is likely to use HTML to create a detailed report (see Templated Reports), then print that HTML page to PDF. For the confidentiality and security of a PDF file, you can use Adobe Acrobat to encrypt a PDF and prevent others from copying, printing, or editing it without a password.
htuser

Re: Export into PDF ?

Post by htuser »

I was thinking about doing this natively in CSPro years ago. Right now, I'm waiting for CSPro 8.0 version able to support ESM module (via QuickJS integration) as Greg informed us months ago. When available, I'll try to integrate PDF libraries such as https://github.com/parallax/jsPDF
for trying to save reports and filled questionnaires to PDF directly from CSPro logic.
When done, I'll post results to CSProusers like you.
Best
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004