Menu List Problem

Other discussions about CSPro
Romij Chowdhury

Menu List Problem

Post by Romij Chowdhury »

what is the solution of this problem? I already create a menu list but I cant access it.Can anyone tell me what should be the direction in "view" code or anyone can give me the tutorial of it......
Attachments
Menu Choose box.jpg
Menu Choose box.jpg (116.29 KiB) Viewed 218021 times
Menu Code.jpg
Menu Code.jpg (206.41 KiB) Viewed 218021 times
justinlakier

Re: Menu List Problem

Post by justinlakier »

First, test that your view(URL) statements work normally on their own, outside of the other potentially confounding logic. If these are broken then the issue may not be with the menu list. Next, there seems to be a problem where you are getting the result of manual_choice. You are looking for values of 1 and 2 corresponding to the 1st and 2nd items in the list, but the addition of "........" in between "Bt Brinjal Sample" and "Bt Brinjal Census" means that Census is not actually the 2nd item in the list, and you would need to click on "........" in order to view that link. The tutorial on Accept is here (https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/a ... ction.html), and the tutorial on View is here (https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/v ... ction.html). If this does not help, please provide additional details of your problem including a .zip file containing your application, either here or at CSPro@lists.census.gov.

Thank you,
Justin
Romij Chowdhury

Sir i did all this thinks but what should be the direction set in view code is it from pc or dropbox file location?
Romij Chowdhury

is this a correct logic for Menu list which we can access any Survey?
justinlakier

Post by justinlakier »

If you want to open a survey rather than view the pen file, there is an example of a typical menu in the folder Examples\1 - Data Entry\Listing Menu with Map\Menu.
// Launch the listing application to add a new structure
function addStructure()
    Pff listing_pff;
    listing_pff.load("../Listing/Listing.pff");
    listing_pff.setProperty("StartMode", "Add");
    listing_pff.exec();
end;
This enables the menu to open other CSPro files. You can use Pff.exec() or execPff(), both of which have further details listed in the Helps. You can also check other Menus in the example folder. So, rather than attempting to view .pen files to open surveys, the menu should execute .pff files. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Hope this helps,
Justin
Romij Chowdhury

No i can''t open the pff file from menu
Attachments
Menu2.jpg
Menu2.jpg (123.57 KiB) Viewed 217842 times
Menu3.jpg
Menu3.jpg (207.56 KiB) Viewed 217842 times
Romij Chowdhury

how will i set the survey files in the my android device so that the view logic ken access pen file from the menu list
justinlakier

Post by justinlakier »

Your code is looking for "../csentry/Bt.Brinjal_Sample/BT.Brinjal_Sample.pff". According to the error message, going up a level to the parent directory for ".." is looking to "/storage/emulated/0/csentry/csentry/Bt.Brinjal_Sample/BT.Brinjal_Sample.pff". The relative file locations on Windows and Android may be somewhat different. If Android is storing the .pff file in another path, find where the file is being deployed to in your csentry folders and make sure the path in your code can get there.
Romij Chowdhury

And For the logic ''View''? what would be the solution?
justinlakier

Post by justinlakier »

View accesses and displays the contents of a file given the file path, but .pen files are binary, so this is useless. If you want to open a survey, you would execute a .pff as you seem to be doing in your code snapshot. Could you clarify what you are trying to do by viewing the .pen files?