Processing of Data of Multiple Response Questions

Discussions about CSEntry
CMH

Processing of Data of Multiple Response Questions

Post by CMH »

Hi Experts
Hope you are well.
There are multiple response questions in my application. When i download data in SPSS or Excel, all responses against each question be in one same cell. It becomes dificult to deal with all responses in one cell, then i manually process and shift them in a dedicated cell/column in SPSS/excel.
I want that in CSpro there should be an option that when we export data in SPSS/excel each response value should be in a dedicated cell so i may process and analyse quickly and easily without any manual processing.
Any solution please.!!
Last edited by CMH on August 20th, 2023, 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
etuser

Re: Processing of Data of Multiple Response Questions

Post by etuser »

What I usually do to export multiple response checkbox to SPSS

1. Open the .Csdb file with data viewer and save it as .dat (text file)
2. Open your dictionary and save it with another name, because we will alter the alpha checkbox variable.
3. For example, if your check box has length 7 with alpha in your dictionary, change the length to 1 and put the occurs to 7 , literally both are the same.
4. Right click the on the modified variable and choose “flatten occurrence “ to change it automatically to seven variables
5. Export the .dat file created in step 1 with the new flatten dictionary.
CMH

Re: Processing of Data of Multiple Response Questions

Post by CMH »

Thank you very much for the reply. This is perfect in case when we need to process the data once. However, in my case, here is additional information. I need to deal with 16 questionnaires to analyse the data on daily basis. Based upon the daily analysis, our programme team takes necessary actions. Thus, it is requested to please suggest more workable solution.

Looking forward for a permanent solution, CSPro itself provide data in required way without any manual processing. I beleive there will be a workale solution for this.