Application deployment Error

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
bsomers_pg

Application deployment Error

Post by bsomers_pg »

Hi members,

One of my developers recently sent me an email regarding the image below.
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (3.94 KiB) Viewed 2184 times
Did anyone ever come across this error? If yes, please share your experience.

Background context
After updating the app with some minor changes, the developer tried deploying the app to CSWeb, he came across the error. The instance of CSWeb already has the previous version of the app which was used for testing.

See log
sync.log
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
Do I have to clear the instances (app and dictionaries) on the server before deploying the new version of the app?

I would sincerely appreciate any response to this. Thank you.
savy

Re: Application deployment Error

Post by savy »

If you have test application and dictionaries, delete them before you start your production data collection to make sure that your data is not mixed up with the test data. You do not have to delete the application to update it, a redeploy will update the application. Please send us the logs from the server located in csweb/var/logs folder to cspro@lists.census.gov
bsomers_pg

Post by bsomers_pg »

Thanks for the reply. I am sending the log over.
bsomers_pg

Post by bsomers_pg »

Hi Savy,

I was swamped with other tasks at hand and forgot to post and let you know that IT WAS FIXED.

The deployment error was caused by a misconfiguration done on CSWeb's settings / data tab (hostname). After specifying the correct hostname, the deployment was a success.

My sincere apologies and thank you for the great support and feedback. It was of some help to the team.

Cheers
Billy :)