Computer Assisted Coding

Discussions about CSEntry
leulae

Computer Assisted Coding

Post by leulae »

Dear All,

I can't understand the help of Computer Assisted Coding which comes under

C:\Program Files (x86)\CSPro 6.3\Examples\1 - Data Entry\Computer Assisted Coding

I need to create such a entry program with one code to code with Computer Assisted Coding

Please direct me

Thanks

Leulae
khurshid.arshad

Re: Computer Assisted Coding

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear leulae;

I am copying definition of "Computer assisted coding" from the same example. It will be good if you can share specific question that what do you want to know.

{Program to enter automatic coding using the SELCASE command. The operator enters text for
occupation or industry in AUXIL_FF and the system displays windows from the occupation (OCC.DAT)
or industry (IND.DAT) data file with records matching the selection. Using a highlight
bar, the operator can select one of the records and the application inserts the related code.
If there's no match or the code is invalid, the application displays a message. }

a.
leulae

Post by leulae »

Thanks khurshid

I do not have specific question write now, I am studying CSPro by myself and want to know develop such a program

The problem is I can;t make such a program by myself, Then I decided to put one occupation code in main data entry screen, when press enter with blank it should come the screen like AUXIL_FF. (Creation of this screen and invoke is problem to me)

my problem is I do not know correct steps to develop

appreciate anyone can help me.

Leulae
khurshid.arshad wrote:Dear leulae;

I am copying definition of "Computer assisted coding" from the same example. It will be good if you can share specific question that what do you want to know.

{Program to enter automatic coding using the SELCASE command. The operator enters text for
occupation or industry in AUXIL_FF and the system displays windows from the occupation (OCC.DAT)
or industry (IND.DAT) data file with records matching the selection. Using a highlight
bar, the operator can select one of the records and the application inserts the related code.
If there's no match or the code is invalid, the application displays a message. }

a.
josh

Post by josh »

That example uses an external form file. To create an external form file, go to "Add files..." in the files menu and fill in the name of the new form file under "Form file". It is similar to adding an external dictionary except that you get both a a dictionary and a form. You can edit the form just the way your edit any other form except that you put the variables from the external dictionary on it. You can use loadcase with the external dictionary and you use "enter <formname>" in your logic to display the external form.
leulae

Post by leulae »

Thank you Josh, I got the point well

Leulae