Force Cursor to Top of the screen during Data Entry

Discussions about CSEntry
yanina

Force Cursor to Top of the screen during Data Entry

Post by yanina »

Hello all

Does any option or logic on CSPro to force the cursor to go to the top of the screen during process of data entry ?
Thank you all in advance.

Yanin
josh

Re: Force Cursor to Top of the screen during Data Entry

Post by josh »

In logic you can use the reenter command to move the cursor to a field before the current field. You could use reenter to move the cursor to the first field on the screen. You would need to provide the name of the field. So if the first field on the form is "HOUSEHOLD_NUMBER" then in your logic you would do:

reenter HOUSEHOLD_NUMBER;
yanina

Post by yanina »

Thanks Josh.

Do sorry Josh. I don't understand what you mean reenter. As I tried, the cursor just move to the field that already entried.

What I want to do is to force the cursor going up to the top of the screen of the next field that I will be entry.
So if I have Q1, Q2 ...till Q10 on one page of form, but when on Q7, I want to bring the screen on the very top, but still on the same page/form.

On Epidata entry logic : its call "Top of Screen"

Would you please see the picture attached. Thanks Josh in advance.
Attachments
tofscreen.PNG
tofscreen.PNG (278.66 KiB) Viewed 6603 times
josh

Post by josh »

I understand. You want to automatically scroll the form so that the current is at the top of the screen. There is now way to do this in CSPro.
yanina

Post by yanina »

Thanks Josh. Hopely this option you and team can provide on next version.

If you see the posted image; Q7 value labels is covering widely on the form. Its make some text information written on the form hardly to read. Its not a problem if the value labels only on short range, ex like only Yes No value. But whay if variable have long value and long label.
Please advice, Josh?
-Can I set a key to call the value, like F2 key. So its will popup only if I press F2.
-or perhaps set the value label position, its size, on fixed area?
Again thanks Josh. You are so kind and helpful.

Yanin
josh

Post by josh »

Check out the setcapturepos command in the online help. You can use it to position the popup.
yanina

Post by yanina »

Hi Josh

Awesome. Setcapturepos,xy perfectly as I wanted.
Now, can I just call it with particular key ex F2 as I need it only? I mean like function to call help with F1. There is example on CSPro example but it is like messege errmsg function only, isnt it? I have to retype the value label. No. not like that.
Ah my english sorry. I do confuse myself.
I mean the function to call the value label when I want it. Press F2 then the values pop up. Press F2 again and its dissapear. Just like that.
Thanks Josh
khurshid.arshad

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear Yanina;

I don't think so F2 function exist in the tablet, but you can set the combo box(note: not drop down) option for this field on the desktop/laptop and after that copy your program on the tablet. In this case the list will not pop-up till you press the right side corner on the combo box in the tablet. This change only show-up on tablet not on desktop/laptop.

a.
josh

Post by josh »

On the options there is "show responses (This Field)" and "show responses (All fields") that toggle the pop-up for the current field or all fields. The hot keys for those options are Ctrl+C and Ctrl+K respectively.
yanina

Post by yanina »

Thanks khurshid.arshad. I will test on Tablet.
Josh, CTRL K . its work.
Thanks alot.
I am very appreciate for you all help.

Yanin