CSPro and windows 10 pro (x64)

Discussions about CSEntry
pcpak

CSPro and windows 10 pro (x64)

Post by pcpak »

Hi,

We have a laptop which is recently being upgraded to Windows 10 (64x). Now we are trying to run CSPro on that laptop but whichever version of CSPro we install, it crashes when we try to open any previously made data entry application or we try to make a new one. The error message appears "CSPro designer has stopped working".

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.csprousers.org/forum/downloa ... iew&id=417
Attachments
error
error
cspro.png (259.95 KiB) Viewed 6271 times
Gregory Martin

Re: CSPro and windows 10 pro (x64)

Post by Gregory Martin »

I work on three machines that have Windows 10 and 64-bit processors, and I haven't seen any problems like this.

I suggest completely uninstalling CSPro and then installing it again. Make sure that you're using the newest version, 6.3.2.

Also try opening some of the example applications. Try opening this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CSPro 6.3\Examples\Popstan Census\Census Data Entry.ent

Do you have a problem only with your application, or also the example applications?
pcpak

Post by pcpak »

thanks for the reply Gregory. We have tried every option with no success. This problem is with all the applications including examples. We have uninstalled/ installed a number of times including new and old versions.

Not sure what else is causing such a problem?
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Another thing you could try is to install an older version of CSPro and see if it's the current version of if all versions fail. Do you have a virus scanner that might be interacting with CSPro.

Here is version 5.0 if you want to test that: http://csprousers.org/downloads/cspro5.0.1.exe
pcpak

Post by pcpak »

Thanks for the link. I have downloaded and installed but no success. The Windows Defender was setup as antivirus which I have disabled. After disabling defender, I tried to uninstall and install both new and older versions but same error is appearing.

Are we left with the option of refreshing window?

many thanks!
jfigueroa

Post by jfigueroa »

dear pcpak,

you can try uninstalling completely CSPro, then deleting windows temp files (temporary files), next rebooting your computer and last installing CSPro again.

Sometimes this process works with some programs.
Regards.
pcpak

Post by pcpak »

thanks jfigueroa. I will try what you suggested.