extract .dcf from .pen file

Discussions about CSEntry
willt_uga

extract .dcf from .pen file

Post by willt_uga »

Is there a way to extract a data dictionary from a .pen file? I have a data file that I need to export, and I'm missing the correct stand alone .dcf, but I do have a .pen file that contains it.

Thanks!
willt_uga

Re: extract .dcf from .pen file

Post by willt_uga »

Actually, Gregory, I see a post this effect from last summer. You offered to send back the extracted .dcf if the user sent you the .pen. Can I do the same? Thanks!
htuser

Post by htuser »

Dear Wilt,
Do you create this pen file? Can you prove that you've created this pen file?We don't think that Greg will extract dictionnary if you can't prove your rights. And, if you created it, you must have multiple backup of the dcf. Please, don't expect extraction of dcf from Cspro developpers team, this for multiple reasons.
Regards,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
willt_uga

Post by willt_uga »

The .pen file was created by a team member under my direction. I can put him in touch with whoever needs to be convinced of his authorship.

The .dcf file was written almost two years ago. It's for a very brief village level survey for a randomized control trial that had a much larger household survey. We're going back for midline now, and I have two problems: 1) I'd like the .dcf file to create a new survey for midline, and 2) I really have needed the village data until now, so I haven't exported it.

He can find the .pen files, but for whatever reason can't find his original work. I guess I could work backwards to make a .dcf file from the data and the CSEntry application, but that would be really tedious.

I absolutely have rights to this work, and I'll do what I need to provide assurances.

Thanks,
WMT
willt_uga

Post by willt_uga »

Nevermind, we found it.