CAPI Question getlabel in question text

Discussions about CSEntry
KASTELIC

CAPI Question getlabel in question text

Post by KASTELIC »

I am looking to display the label from a previous answer in a CAPI question. usually not a problem to reference something that is already in a alpha format, i.e.
"What is [ %HH_B01% ] 's age?" where HH_B01 is the alpha persons name. But in the case where you want to pull in the label for a selection I have issues. For example, question HH_E01 asks what was the source of funds, with options 1 = NEIGHBOR, 2 = FAMILY MEMBER, etc. Question HH_E02 asks, "How much did you borrow from [ SOURCE ]?". Here I would like the CAPI question text to read, " How much did you borrow from [ NEIGHBOR ]?"

Is having an alpha variable in the dictionary autofilled with the label for getlabel(HH_E01, HH_E01) the only way to accomplish this? It does not seem possible to use the getlabel function in the CAPI question.

thanks,

Jon
KASTELIC

Re: CAPI Question getlabel in question text

Post by KASTELIC »

Thanks CSPro for the awesome example applications in the Program Files. I always forget about these. Answered my own question. Create a temporary string variable and pull that in. Thanks again.

Jon
lb.fam

Post by lb.fam »

Hello,

Can you advise where you found the example applications?

I also wish to review these to help me learn.
josh

Post by josh »

The example applications are in the directory where you installed CSPro. On most computers that is C:\Program Files\CSPro 6.0 or C:\Program Files (x86)\CSPro 6.0
lb.fam

Post by lb.fam »

Hello,

Thanks, located it.