Counting number of questions answered

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
bidhu

Counting number of questions answered

Post by bidhu »

Hi,

I want to see how many questions are asked by investigators in each section of a questionnaire. For that I need to count the number of questions with not applicable values. I tried counting it using countNonSpecial function. But, it is not providing me the right value. Can anyone suggest if there is a simpler way of counting the number of questions that has been answered in one record?
htuser

Re: Counting number of questions answered

Post by htuser »

Hi Bidhu,
It's possible by using the new sqlquery function and paradata. Since paradata isn't yet supported in help and 7.1 version is in alpha. You've to wait.
Maybe someone have another way and can help us.
Best regards,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
josh

Post by josh »

I would just create a counter variable that I initialize to zero at the start of the record and increment in each postproc when the question is answered. A lot of copy and pasting but it would work.
bidhu

Post by bidhu »

Thank you, Josh. I thought of the second way. But, I was looking for a simpler solution. Also, I wanted to implement it as part of the Monitoring program to monitor progress in survey using the HTML program. As of now, I am using the countvalid function and doing some adjustment to it for each section.