Geoditic System Used by CsPro Android App

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
vipul315singhal

Geoditic System Used by CsPro Android App

Post by vipul315singhal »

Hi all,

Do anyone have idea about which Geodetic System is used by the Cspro app. (GWS84/GRS80/AGD84... or something else).

Thanks In Advance!

regards
Vipul
josh

Re: Geoditic System Used by CsPro Android App

Post by josh »

CSPro uses the Location APIs from Android (https://developer.android.com/reference ... ation.html) for the GPS calculations which I believe uses WGS84.
Anysia

Post by Anysia »

Josh is it the same WGS84 if one use a gps dongle on Windows Tablets to pick coordinates
josh

Post by josh »

I think it would depend on the dongle that you use. You should check the documentation for the dongle.
Baraka

Post by Baraka »

Hello There,
My name is Baraka Naftal from Tanzania. I have developed a CSPro android application which we are planiing to use it for data collection in a few weeks to come. One of the data that we will be required to collect is the GPS location of different observation point. I have managed to set the logic to execute the GPS and showing me the currently location on the map but i failed to allow it to save the particular point (Latitude and Longitude). Please can anyone out there help me on how to do this? I will be very happy if someone can help me to figure out about this as soon as possible.
josh

Post by josh »

Next time please start a new topic rather than posting to an old - especially since your question is not related to the geoditic system in the title.

To save the latitude and longitude you need to create variables in the data dictionary for them and then assign the results of the GPS reading to those variables. Make sure the variables are long enough to accommodate the full range of latitude and longitude. I usually use length 13 for latitude and length 14 for longitude with 9 decimal places for both.

Assuming your dictionary variables are named LATITUDE and LONGITUDE the code to save would be something like this:
gps(open);

if gps(read, 60) then // Read for up to 60 seconds
  LATITUDE = gps(latitude);
  LONGITUDE =
gps(longitude);
else

errmsg("GPS signal could not be acquired");
endif;
gps(close);
Note that you do not have to put the variables on a form unless you wan't the user to be able to see the numeric values but if you are just showing them on the map you may not need to.