Data Reformating Manual

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
boikgwadi

Data Reformating Manual

Post by boikgwadi »

Greetings

I am looking for anyone with a working manual on how to do a Data Reformating. I have tried with my basic knowledge to reformat and clear data variables but I seem to be digging a deeper sink hole for my self.

Anyone with clearer manual on how to do a data reformating? Please HELP!
josh

Re: Data Reformating Manual

Post by josh »

Have you looked at the help for the reformat data tool? http://www.csprousers.org/help/CSReFmt/

Perhaps if you explain what you are trying to do we can offer some advice.
boikgwadi

Post by boikgwadi »

Hie
I did have a look at the instructions but lost it along the way, as I said I seemingly was digging a deeper sink hole.

I edited a dictionary along the way and now some variables which must be blank have asterisks or some characters. At times, such characters affect my exported files. The FY15 template had no problem until I rolled over to FY16 that is where I encountered that challenge.

I attempted to reformat FY16 dictionary and corresponding data set using FY15 dictionary and data set but still I get those asterisks and data.

I have attached the current template and dataset together with the FY15 template files. I need your advice.
Attachments
Amalima Program_FY15.zip
(77.72 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
Gwanda Data _21 Aug.rar
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 289 times
Amalima Program_GWA_23 August.zip
(53.52 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
boikgwadi

Post by boikgwadi »

Greetings

I guess it is a huge problem!!
josh

Post by josh »

Unfortunately it looks like it is too late to rescue this data file with reformat. If you open it in TextViewer you will see that the *** are already in the data file. This is probably because the data was originally entered with one dictionary and then modified and saved with a different dictionary. If you have the original data before the modifications you should be able to get the correct values from there, otherwise the data is now lost.

I also noticed that the data doesn't completely either dictionary as there are some record types in the data file that don't exist in either dictionary. This means that it was modified or entered with a different dictionary or perhaps a tool other than CSPro that corrupted the file.