Allow a last question when user close a case

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
lestcape

Allow a last question when user close a case

Post by lestcape »

Will be really important to us know the reason of why some one could close a case. I think will be rational allow to ask as an special case a last question, always when the case finished or the user close an incomplete case. Of course will need to have a valueset with possible reasons of why some users can close a case, maybe:
1- Because the case is finished
2- Because the interviewee does not want to continue in this moment.
3- Because the interviewee do not match with our criteria to be selected.
Gregory Martin

Re: Allow a last question when user close a case

Post by Gregory Martin »

You could implement this yourself by adding a final field to your application. Then whenever you want to end your questionnaire, you would skip to that question.
lestcape

Post by lestcape »

Thanks Gregory.

This will help us to get an important metrics:
http://www.insightsassociation.org/issu ... se-metrics

I hope, this will help us to clarify our situation, and why we need a better thing that your proposition.

"whenever you want to end your questionnaire":

A manual skip, to the end of the questionnaire is what you say? I don't think it will help us, in my opinion is better close the questionnaire and open it again and in the first question ask for the result of the survey. Allow skip the questionnaire to the end directly, will create a lot of more different problems to us.

We are working for a lot of people here: https://www.insp.mx/. We can not trust the interviewers, we do not know them sometime and they sometimes do not have the right training, unfortunately.

With a final field we can know if we are or no in end of the questionnaire (this is some thing that we currently used), but if the case is closed in the middle of the process what can we do? Really nothing to know the reason...

So: "whenever you want to end your questionnaire". This is for me then another question: How i can capture when a case is "ready to be closed", to then skip it to the last field? Is possible capture that event?

I think is then really important that this will not depend on the interviewers. In our case, the program must be controlled it...

Regards and thanks.
lestcape

Post by lestcape »

Most clear: Can CSPro controlled when a case is closed or will be closed to then realized a last action (question)?

If not, please, this is our feature request. If the solution if in a different scope (in the interviewers scope), this is not then an ability of CSPro, so this is why we request the inclusion of this ability inside CSPro.

We don't have confidant on interviewer. Depositing trust in people introduces errors in the measurement process that are not controllable, so that the metrics are not correct and thus discredit the level of rigor and the actual value of the survey.
jfigueroa

Post by jfigueroa »

In Addition to what Gregory Martin suggests,

You can set a question wherever place in your questionarie, this will have a value set, so that interviewer only selects those options and doesn´t write anything else.
That value set will contain any option that you want:
1- Because the case is finished
2- Because the interviewee does not want to continue in this moment.
3- Because the interviewee do not match with our criteria to be selected.
4- ....
And if you set it on system controlled mode, the interviewer won´t be able to skip it or leave it blank.
Then you just set the Capture Field type to: Drop down, or Radio Button
And that´s it. Users won´t be able to leave it blank, and they will introduce only the options you define on your value set. For avoiding human errors.
Hope this would help you in some way.
Regards.
lestcape

Post by lestcape »

Thanks jfigueroa, In general, yours are trying to help, but you are adjusting the model to an specific case and this is not possible to us, as we need to sacrifice other thing that we are not able to sacrifice. We conduct surveys for researchers, doctors in medical sciences, they know well what they want and are not willing to sacrifice the quality of their research.

I need to say thanks anyway, both are trying to help and this is wonderful an a good reason to use CSPro, but your solutions are not possible to us. Some reasons:

- We can visited an interviewed more than one time, if the result code of the last visit was for a reason of time to finished, but not for a negation. In that case we need to override a not null field. Interviewers are not forces in this case to override the result-set value of this field (because is currently not null, as was filled in the last visit).

- We need to warranty not null in several places, skipe not null records to go to the result code is not a solution if we not set allow null for records that can not be really null (for this reason i say is better use the first field and not the last).

There are some restriction that the program we use need to satisfy to be accepted as a replace to our current system that is out of date, but it satisfy all of this rules as we have the source code. This restrictions are not negotiable. Really, I can not break any of this condition then... There are some important broken rules at the moment:

1- Interviewer can not be force to realize an action that the program can realize from him and only will be able to realize that action in the way that was defined (not confidante on interviewers, because they are hired for the particular survey, they are not enough trained).
2- The metrics to evaluate the quality of the questionnaire need to be guaranteed (i know this is the intention of your comment).

Again thanks.
lestcape

Post by lestcape »

CSPro provide a way to capture the on close global function. Using this procedure we are able to ask for some last questions to then capture the interview result code in that way. The position of where this last questions are set in the dictionary are not important then. So, this problem is already resolved.

Really thanks to all involved.