CAPI question in Urdu with Android

Discussions about CSEntry
shafique arif

CAPI question in Urdu with Android

Post by shafique arif »

Hi All

I am using 'Urdu" for CAPI questions in Android version. CAPI Question Text displayed correctly in Android version if I "do not" use any English word or variable from Dictionary like %NAME%. But when I use any English word or variable/item from Dictionary like %NAME%, it disturb the order of words in question. NOTE: I do not have any such problem in with Window version.

Urgent Help required.

Shafique
Gregory Martin

Re: CAPI question in Urdu with Android

Post by Gregory Martin »

Can you give an example of some Urdu CAPI text that uses the replacement parameter (%...%)? I'd like to test this out on my device. In other words, I want:

- a sentence completely in Urdu

- a sentence in Urdu, with replacement text, that should be equal to the above sentence when the %...% text is evaluated
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Urdu.zip
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Dear Gregory

I have attached a simple template. If you see this in Window ver. CAPI Q in Urdu language looks perfect but it deteriorate in ver 6.

Thanks you

Shafique
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

You're right that the Urdu appears differently on Android versus on Windows. I think, however, that this is simply a problem with how Android renders Urdu and Western characters, not a CSEntry specific problem. For example, if I change your text from:

" کس جماعت میں داخل ھے؟ %NAME% براہ کرم مجھے بتا‏ئیں " to " کس جماعت میں داخل ھے؟ GREG براہ کرم مجھے بتا‏ئیں "

On the Windows machine, it displays as it does here, with my name in the middle of the text, but on the Android device it appears incorrectly, as seen below.

Am I misunderstanding this, or have you found that you can successfully display Latin characters alongside Urdu (when not using replacement parameters) on Android devices?
Attachments
urdu.jpg
urdu.jpg (28.09 KiB) Viewed 7121 times
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Dear Gregory

You got it correctly. It should appear on android as below but as you observed it did not.

" کس جماعت میں داخل ھے؟ %NAME% براہ کرم مجھے بتا‏ئیں " to " کس جماعت میں داخل ھے؟ GREG براہ کرم مجھے بتا‏ئیں "

If I do not include %NAME% or any other English word then it displays perfectly in Android (as it displays in Window)

Is there any solution to this. This is very important for Arabic, Persian, Urdu et languages.

Best regards
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Dear Josh and Gregory

Any solution to the problem which I am facing with CAPI QUESTION TEXT in our national language i.e. URDU (which is similar to Arabic? As mentioned earlier, that when I use QUESTION test in Urdu and use %Name%, it does not appear the way I want? See a chain of post below
khurshid.arshad

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear Josh and Gregory

I am facing the same problem in CSPro 6.3. Can you suggest any solution.

Regards;
a.
jfigueroa

Post by jfigueroa »

Dear khurshid.arshad and shafique arif,

And if you try using a message instead of CAPI Question on this field?

Could be something like:

PROC MY_FIELD

Preproc
Errmsg(" کس جماعت میں داخل ھے؟ %s براہ کرم مجھے بتا‏ئیں ",NAME);

Hope my advice helps you guys.
Regards