Modify case

Discussions about CSEntry
vanndy

Modify case

Post by vanndy »

Hello,

I have one question to ask that I have an existing data and I want to modify some cases; How can we recognize the case that was modified? I want something to alert the data entry to know such as changing color of the modified case to show a different from other cases in tree case view or any other ways. Is it possible?

Regards,
htuser

Re: Modify case

Post by htuser »

This is possible. You must modify data entry options in Options-Data Entry-Allow partial save.
After the modifications you must press Stop-Allow partial save. The modified cases will be different from theses who're not (color will be changed so do icons).
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

htuser is correct when he suggests that if you do Partial Saves, that the icon in the case tree will have a different appearance. However, that does leave the state of your cases in a non-finalized state, which is perhaps not what you want.

Outside of the Partial Save suggestion, there is no way to get the case tree to indicate the status of your case to indicate that it was modified.
yanina

Post by yanina »

Dear Master
Gregory, Josh

Need help please. My data entry has been finished. But some cases need correction, some on roster fields.

When I finished entry the case, the tree color getting gray. I want to modify on roster field: but it will jump to the next field.
In this step I have to manually insert Insert Group on navigation menu.

Can I change entirely roster as on entry mode (like on partial save)?

Million thanks brother sister.

Best,
Yanin
Attachments
Modify Case.PNG
Modify Case.PNG (57.5 KiB) Viewed 7041 times
josh

Post by josh »

In modify the number of occurrences (entries in the roster) is fixed to the number was entered when the case was added. To add to the roster you need to insert new occurrences using the navigation menu. You can save time by using the shortcut key (F3 or Ctrl+F3).
yanina

Post by yanina »

Dear Josh

Thanks.

>>In modify the number of occurrences (entries in the roster) is fixed to the number was entered when the case was added.
>>To add to the roster you need to insert new occurrences using the navigation menu. You can save time by using the shortcut key (F3 or Ctrl+F3).

For the case that I want to change, can I just back like on "un-added mode/fixed mode" on data entry ?.
Perhaps some editing on information file likes .csidx .csnot .sts . .lst . log ?
There are many roster field that need to replace with entry mode.
Yes, F3 or Ctrl+F3 worked, but still mo easy and faster than on unadded mode.

Please advice, Josh

Cheers
Yanin
josh

Post by josh »

If you had partially saved the case, you could edit it in add mode again but once it has been saved as completed you are stuck F3/Ctrl+F3.
yanina

Post by yanina »

Thanks Josh.:
Still need your insight regarding added case please.

Does these situation that make a case become added?

When data entry at the last of field (accept added case? or ctrl F12?
If program stop working during data entry ?
If computer stop working because of restarting or unproplerly shutdown?

Please advice.

Thank you Josh.

Yanin
josh

Post by josh »

The case becomes added when you get to the end of the case and choose "yes" for accept this case.