Blank data when trying to export

Discussions about CSEntry
Alanna

Blank data when trying to export

Post by Alanna »

Hi,

I'm having difficulty exporting data that has already been entered. I think this may be to do with having saved the data incorrectly.
I want to be able to export the data to excel but when I try and do this through the following steps:

Launching CSPro .ent file
Opening "Export data" under Tools
Selecting my .dcf file
Checking all the items I want to export (checking all)
Choosing Comma delimited as "export format"
Clicking the "green light" run icon
Choosing my .dat file when asked to "Select CSPro Data File(s) to Export"
Clicking "OK" when the "Specify names of exported files" dialogue box opens up
I immediately get a dialogue box that says "No output generated in file C:\My...... File not created."

I have checked to see if there is data by right clicking on the file in Windows and choosing "Send To..." and then "Text Viewer". When I do this, there's basically no numbers or text.

However, data has been entered and I can view the all cases through opening the file with the traffic light icon in Windows. There is an option when I right click to 'Edit with PFF editor' but am not sure if this is relevant.

Can anybody identify what my problem might be and how I can resolve it?

Thank you so much!!
josh

Re: Blank data when trying to export

Post by josh »

If you .dat is really blank then there is no data. However if you can run your app in CSEntry and see data then chances you are looking at the wrong data file. Open the .pff file for you application (right click on it and choose edit) and look to see which data file it is pointing to.

By default windows hides file extensions which can make it hard to figure out which is your data file. You can disable this. Here are instructions: https://www.howtohaven.com/system/show- ... orer.shtml
Alanna

Re: Blank data when trying to export

Post by Alanna »

Hi Josh,

It really was as simple as identifying the correct data file. Thanks so much for the tip!

Alanna