How to recover lost datas

Discussions about CSEntry
MarcOlivier

How to recover lost datas

Post by MarcOlivier »

Morning all!
I'm using CSEntry on my tablet and I have lost datas due to fact I have enter same ID for two questionnaires. Is it possible to recover the lost datas?
I have a backup file of those lost datas on my computer but I have already added new interviews with my tablet so that there will have surely differences between the data file on my tablet and the one on my computer (which contains the lost datas).
1) Is it possible to extract the only lost datas from the backup file which is on my computer and merge it to the data file which is on my tablet ?
2) Simply, is possible to merge the two files?
thank you.
josh

Re: How to recover lost datas

Post by josh »

How did you end up with the same ID for two questionnaires? CSEntry should not let you do that entering data on a single device. The only way to get duplicate ids is if you merge two files.

You can use the Index Data Files tool from the tools menu in CSPro to identify duplicate cases. If you want to remove the duplicate(s) the Index Files tool will do that for you. If you want to modify the id of one of the duplicates so that you can keep both then you can use Index Files to identify the duplicate(s) followed by a batch edit application to modify the ids.

If you want to combine the backup file and the new file on your tablet you can use concatenate data to merge the files followed by index files to remove the duplicates.