using old template for new survey

Discussions about CSEntry
anisehbro

using old template for new survey

Post by anisehbro »

Hello,
Last year I conducted a baseline survey using CSPro, this year, I will do a follow-up midline survey and I have updated the baseline to reflect some of the changes in the survey (some questions remain the same, some were deleted and a few were added).

I compiled the survey and synced it to the tablet and I noticed a few things:

1) A single question from the baseline is still showing up in the midline (but it is not in the dictionary or in the forms) it just shows up in the tablet.
2) One of the new question for the midline never shows up in the tablet, although it is in the program
3) Variable labels from questions that have been updated to reflect the new year (2016 vs 2015) are not updated in tablet, but are correct in the dictionary.

The original program was called x.survey.rw, the new one is x.midline - I noticed in the global syntax window that the following line is generated
"PROC X_SURVEY_RW_FF"

I tried updating it to "PROC X_MIDLINE_FF" to see if that made a difference but it failed to compile.

I wonder if anyone can help me figure out where the issue is?

Thanks!
Aniseh
jfigueroa

Re: using old template for new survey

Post by jfigueroa »

Hi anisehbro,

Have you published your entry application again?, each time you make changes on your application, you have to Publish Entry Application (generate .pen file again) and copy it to your device, so changes can be done.
Maybe you are missing that step.

Remember that you have to copy .pen file and .pff file to your device

Regards.
anisehbro

Post by anisehbro »

Yes, I have generated the new .pen application, and created the new .dat files, and copied (synced) all the associated files back to the tablet without luck on those few issues
anisehbro

Post by anisehbro »

It looks like old questions can only be re-used in its original form. The only way around fixing the issue was to duplicate the variable and giving it a new name, then deleting the original. Perhaps this could be an easy fix for the next version of the program.
Aniseh
josh

Post by josh »

I'm not sure what you did that you ran into problems. You should be able to modify an application and add new questions without any problems. I do it all the time. If you want to create a new version of your application but have a new name then you should open the application in the CSPro designer and then use Save As to save it with a new name.