Dropbox sync

Discussions about CSEntry
arkagwa

Re: Dropbox sync

Post by arkagwa »

Unfortunately does not work in either dropbox nor FTP server. The folders are not available in CSENTRY in tablets or mobile phones although synchronization is successful.

I am sure .pff or .pen files wit new CSPro 6.1 have problem because synchronization is successful.
josh

Post by josh »

I'm still not clear on what exactly the problem is. First you were saying there were errors and now your saying that the sync is sucessfull but files folders aren't showing up on the tablet. Can you explain precisely what the behavior you are seeing is? You need to give us details including what files exist in the CSEntry directory of the tablet both before and after the sync, what files exist in the Dropbox/FTP server before and after the sync, the contents of the .pnc file and any error messages you are seeing.

There is not a general problem where sync in CSPro 6.1 doesn't work. In addition to testing we have done here I know of multiple surveys in the field who are using sync in CSPro 6.1 successfully. This means that if there is a bug in sync is specific to your setup so we need enough information to figure out what is different in your case.
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

When i try to sync via dropbox i am getting permission eror to read the directory. what is the meaning of this???

This error has not been fixed by CSENTRY CSPRo for dropbox sync
josh

Post by josh »

It probably means that you are trying to sync a file to a directory that is not valid or that you don't have permission to write to. Please post the synclog.txt file from the CSEntry directory so we can see the error.
lodiatic

Post by lodiatic »

Hi, m'y problem is I sync my data by dropbox without using .PNC . Can the synchronized data be correct? Is it compulsory to use .pnc for sync?
what is the difference between app synchronized without.pnc and the one synchronized with it?
subash

Post by subash »

Which one is more reliable for sync, whether Dropbox or FTP server. Please suggest me which one will be the best?
mclaren11

Post by mclaren11 »

in which envelope *.pnc document situated in an android gadget? then again is it situated in the some config document?

old pnc record information shows up with new one when I attempt to adjust. how might I expel old one?

much appreciated
josh

Post by josh »

Since the .pnc files contain passwords they are not stored in a normal folder. They are copied into secure storage.

You can delete an existing .pnc file by long pressing on it in the list of syncs.