Data is deleted (date) and text

Discussions about CSEntry
PHINOJOSA

Data is deleted (date) and text

Post by PHINOJOSA »

Hello

I have the date variable as the number, and in my survey I enter the date manually and in others with sysdate but when I save it partially, both dates are deleted and pure *********** appear, how can I do so that whether you enter the date manually or automatically, it is not erased and remains, I appreciate your help.

OH and in the case of text, how would it be done because in some fields it is also deleted and I don't want it to be deleted when I return from a partial save or if the survey is complete and I need to correct something.

Thank you so much
Gregory Martin

Re: Data is deleted (date) and text

Post by Gregory Martin »

If you are seeing ***** values in your data, it is generally how the special value DEFAULT is represented, and indicates that there is a numeric issue with the problem. This is usually because:
  • A value is too large to represent in the field. For example, a two-digit item cannot store 123.
  • You are storing a divide-by-zero result.
The first thing to check is to make sure that the numeric item is large enough to store the date values. If you think that this is not the issue, you can post your application, or send it to cspro@lists.census.gov, and we can look at it further.