Partial Cases

Discussions about editing and cleaning data
YFT_CBSD

Partial Cases

Post by YFT_CBSD »

Hi everyone,

I have difficulties in changing the case state from partial to complete through batch logic.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in Advance.
justinlakier

Re: Partial Cases

Post by justinlakier »

Hi,

You can find partial cases with isPartial(). To change their status, you will need to use SQL commands to set the partial_save fields to null. SQL can be executed in CSPro with SQLQuery. As outlined in this post on the topic, I would recommend testing using a copy of the data and observing with DB browser for SQLite, as it is easy to make a mistake and corrupt a database.

Hope that helps,
Justin
ihamrasse

Post by ihamrasse »

The proposed method (i.e. editing the case state using sqlquery) has limits. Usually, in a system controlled application, when a case is completed, the skipped fields will be set to notappl.
We need something in the batch to imitate "completing/accept a case" (similar to the entry application).
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

The partial flag is really meant to assist during the data capture process--are there incomplete cases that require a revisit to the household, farm, facility, whatever-is-being-enumerated in order to complete?

During editing it can assist whether to retain a case. If it's incomplete, you might discard it outright, or you may want to ascertain how far along they got...maybe a 50% mark is enough, maybe you want 90%, but maybe you want 100% complete in order to retain it for further processing. But I'm trying to understand how a partial case could become complete unless through imputation. And that's not really the same as a case fully captured from the field.

Either way, we really haven't had any interest in this feature, and the use case seems low.

If the flag is important to you, you can introduce a flag variable to the dictionary to track the status post-capture.

Sherrell