Sync Cspro data to cloud server

Other discussions about CSPro
etuser

Sync Cspro data to cloud server

Post by etuser »

Hi ,

Is it possible to work on CSPRO data (Receive/send) in a cloud server? if yes, what general procedures to follow
aaronw

Re: Sync Cspro data to cloud server

Post by aaronw »

The only difference I see is where the server is located. In my case, my server is on a shared host. The CSWeb setup is the same. Any differences would be specific to that shared host, OS, network, etc.
ethio1534

Post by ethio1534 »

Dears,

I successfully loaded CSPro applications and associated files from Dropbox to android phone and data has been collected as designed. However, I could no be able to sync the data from the phone to Dropbox with sync icon on the phone or through logic in the menu despite that both confirm that sync is successful. The application includes menu and other two apps integrated each other. On the other hand, when I run another single, standalone app, it works fine but not with the menu app I am working with. I do not know what is missing.

I would appreciated if you extend your usual support as usual.

Regards,

Zerfu
savy

Post by savy »

Please see the troubleshooting section in the helps https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/s ... ation.html and send us the sync.log file to cspro@lists.census.gov
ethio1534

Post by ethio1534 »

Thank you for your swift response. I sent you the log file through email. while the Menu log file on the Android has no record, the other tow have records. However not appear to Dropbox.

Please note that external dictionaries on the menu include STAFF_DICT, GEOCODES_DICT, LANGUAGE_USED_DICT, ETC_ENT_DICT(main survey), ETC_RES_DICT(main survey). Howver, on the Primary diction of log file only MAINMENU_DICT and STAFF_DICT are listed.

And when I exit from the menu on Android, it displays zero cases sync despite the synchronizations is successful. I also used the following codes for synchronization .

function syncWithHeadquarters()

// connect to Dropbox

if syncconnect(Dropbox) then

// Connection worked

// Upload data

syncdata(PUT, ETC_ENT_DICT);
syncdata(PUT, ETC_RES_DICT);

// disconnect
syncdisconnect();
endif;
end;

Regards,
Zerfu Dimd
Attachments
csentry.rar
(431.74 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
savy

Post by savy »

Looking at the sync.log file, your sync was first done for all the dictionaries on 2023-05-06 15:41:34. After this sync, new programs were installed on the device and it appears that they do not have the code to sync other dictionaries. The logs show MAINMENU_DICT is the only one being synced. Make sure that you have the correct programs on the device.
ethio1534

Post by ethio1534 »

Dears,

Except for the Menu Dictionary file, Enterprise and Residential files sync well to Dropbox. It captures all required data - tested from a single android phone, and hope that it will work with multiple devices. Thank you for your support.

Now I have got another problem with Bluetooth synchronization. The devises work with regular file sharing activities but not from CSPro. From the supervisor menu, syncserver searches the enumerator device non stop. When the Bluetooth made active(on) offline, "Sync with Enumerators" fails to connect to the server. Below are the codes for your review.

Would you please extend your support as usual.

function syncWithSupervisor()
// Do bluetooth synchronization with supervisor tablet
if syncconnect(Bluetooth)= 1 then

// Connection worked

// Upload data
syncdata(PUT, ETC_ENT_DICT);
syncdata(PUT, ETC_RES_DICT);
// disconnect
syncdisconnect();
errmsg("Sync Successfull!");
endif;

end;

function syncWithInterviewer()

// Allow interviewer tablet to connect for synchronization
syncserver(Bluetooth, "..");

end;
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

The code looks fine. Make sure the two devices are paired.
ethio1534

Post by ethio1534 »

Dears,

Thankyou for your response.

The devices on Android 11, are paired first, and then I tried to connect through CSPro app (CSPro 7.7.3) without much success. When synced from supervisor device, enumerator devices nearby could be accessed but when clicked on the desired device the app failed to sync. When synced from enumerator device, the supervisors device could not be accessed at all. Sending data from all devices without supervisors' verification to Dropbox is not desirable.

Any more help, please.

Regards,
Zerfu
ethio1534

Post by ethio1534 »

Dears,

It works now. Thank you very much.

Zerfu