Table row heights

Discussions about tabulating data in the designer or in batch mode
Don

Table row heights

Post by Don »

I'm using CSPro 4.1. When creating tables, I'm able to resize the row heights and column widths, however, when I print to PDF the resulting document doesn't have the same column/row sizes as the source tables. I know that the column widths can be manipulated in the print preview. But it's not as simple for the rows since the print preview only shows me borders for the headers.

I've attached two screen grabs that illustrate what I'm saying.
For long row captions, they sometimes get compressed
For long row captions, they sometimes get compressed
row height.png (17.63 KiB) Viewed 7588 times
Print preview does not show any data, so it's impossible to know which row i'm resizing.
Print preview does not show any data, so it's impossible to know which row i'm resizing.
cspro print preview.png (6.91 KiB) Viewed 7588 times
My main question is, how do I change the row heights when printing to PDF?
savy

Re: Table row heights

Post by savy »

In print preview, when you hover over the row stubs, the cursor changes to a vertical re-size cursor.
Now, using the mouse left click on the page and drag down while holding the left button down to size the row height for the stub.
Don

Post by Don »

Hi savy, thanks for the reply. The second screenshot that I attached in the original post is what I see in the print preview. I do get the vertical re-size arrow when I hover over the row stubs. However, since I cannot see any of the text, it is quite impossible to know which row I'm re-sizing and by how much. This means I'll have to re-size the rows blindly and keep exporting until I get it right.

Of the five machines being used for this purpose in my organisation, only one displays text in the print preview. It was only when I found the one machine that displayed text in the print preview that I realized that what I was seeing is not the correct behavior.

I guess my new question would be, how could I get CSPro to show text in the table print preview?
savy

Post by savy »

Hi Don,
The only way to set the row heights for the print tables is in the print preview.The tabulation print preview uses the current printer driver settings to render the table layout.
You can observe this when you change the printer in the"print setup" while you are in the print preview.
I am not sure on the machine that this works what printer driver you have and what operating system you are on. If it is the same OS as your other machines then you can install the same adobe printer driver and set the same settings for the adobe printer on the machine where you are having problems.
Also, as a work around you can setup a different pdf printer using one of these methods "http://www.howtogeek.com/150891/how-to- ... nd-tricks/"
Make sure in CSPro tables, in the print setup you choose the pdf printer that you are intending to use. If the printer is set correctly the print preview should render your tables fine.
If you are still having problems, you can send your tables application to us at cspro@lists.census.gov.
Don

Post by Don »

Thanks. The machine where it is working has the same PDF print driver and OS as the others. I'll have to fool around with the print driver settings to see if something is missing. I was hoping that there was another way to change the row heights.