Trouble Exporting to Stata

Discussions about editing and cleaning data
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
willt_uga

Trouble Exporting to Stata

Post by willt_uga »

I am trying to export data to Stata. I've exported data from exactly this set from exactly this dictionary using the very same methods before, but now I get an error that says "Application load failed F:\ . . .\CSExpRun.pff"

.CSV seems to work, but I really need Stata!

Any ideas why this might be?

Will Thompson
Gregory Martin

Re: Trouble Exporting to Stata

Post by Gregory Martin »

Hey Will,

Are you using the most recent beta? If so, there is a problem with the export tool. I accidentally introduced a bug in the tool, which is fixed, and will be released in the next beta, which will probably come out next week. So you can either:

1) Use the released CSPro 5.0.3 for your exports.

2) With the beta, once you get that error, you can go to your temp folder (go to Start->Run and type %TEMP%) and run the most recently created PFF. This should run your export successfully.
willt_uga

Post by willt_uga »

Thanks Gregory,

I tied the second method and got an error message saying "invalid PFF file".

I'll also load 5.0.3 and see if that works for me.

I'm glad a new beta is coming out soon. I've noticed a couple of other little problems in the most recent. Specifically, the case tree in the android application still freezes and crashes when it has too many fields. Also, the number pad decimal point button does not work. It does fill in automatically, but zero-fill does not seem to work so you can't get your decimal in the right place.

Thanks for all your help,

Will Thompson
Whiterose1

Post by Whiterose1 »

Another possibility would be to add an external dictionary to your application. This dictionary would only contain the IDs of your questionnaire. As you process your file, you would write out the IDs to the file associated with the external dictionary. First you would loadcase with the ID sequence. If it exists in the file (loadcase returns 1), then it means that the current case is a duplicate, and at that point you will assign a new ID. If it isn't in the file, you will writecase out the ID and output the case with the original ID. At the end of this operation, the external file will contain all the IDs in your data files.
You can get score highest marks in [ccna certifications dumps exam using spngn2 - pass-4sure and test king which are prepared by top certified professionals, network+ exam ccna wireless training.
SHYMAN

Post by SHYMAN »

Hi,
Please I need to export my data to SPSS, I followed the guidelines but couldn't see any SPSS format.

Please I need your help, probably the steps to follow.

Thank you,

Shyman
josh

Post by josh »

Do you get any error messages from the export tool? There are cases when there are errors in your data and it cannot export but it will usually tell you that.

When you export make sure to pay close attention to the directory in which you ask CSPro to store the exported file. That is where you should be able to find the syntax and data files that are generated.
export.PNG
export.PNG (10.47 KiB) Viewed 9088 times
Then you need to run the syntax file that was generated in SPSS. See the section in the help titled "Load Exported Data Into SPSS" for details on how to do that.
SHYMAN

Post by SHYMAN »

Josh,
Thanks so much,
As I am typing this msg, my heart appreciates u.
Thank u