Creation of form

Discussions about editing and cleaning data
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
emmy

Creation of form

Post by emmy »

I am having a problem saving my file. it is showing me " file does not have any ID item. All levls must have at least on ID item" Pls. how can i resolve this?
Secondly, i can not access the "form" menu. I have completed the dictionary but i can not create the form as the button is not active. How do i proceed.
kind regards,
Emmanuel
Saint

Re: Creation of form

Post by Saint »

Post your dictionary and I can get you started on the form.
josh

Post by josh »

In CSPro every case (every questionnaire) must have a a unique id to distinguish it from other cases. Usually this is some set of geographic codes (province, district, ...) or a sample number but it can be any combination of variables. These are defined under the Id-items section of the data dictionary. All of the id-items that you define in your dictionary must be placed on your form. If your missing any of these id-items you will get an error.

For your second question make to sure to open the data entry application (the icon that looks like a computer monitor) and not the dictionary (the blue book icon). If you open the dictionary by itself the form button will not be enabled.
jfigueroa

Post by jfigueroa »

As Josh said, you need to have at least one id that identifies your questionnaire. You create them at the (id items) section in your Case structure.
1.JPG
1.JPG (16.39 KiB) Viewed 5849 times
Then you need to add them at your Form so you can fill them during the Survey. Every id items you define must be filled (in case you define more than one id item).
2.JPG
2.JPG (68.93 KiB) Viewed 5849 times
Also, this is the icon you have to open. The data entry application.
3.JPG
3.JPG (9.64 KiB) Viewed 5849 times
I hope that this could help you in some way.
Regards to all the CSPro Team and all the CSPro community.
Joshua Figueroa.