Installing CS Pro web does not work

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Hoth.si

Installing CS Pro web does not work

Post by Hoth.si »

Hello,
I am new to CS Pro web, and I am trying to install it on my new Linux Debian 9, Apache2, PHP7 and MySQL server. All requirements are satisfied and test from step1 passes. At step2 entering the database credentials (tested, they are ok for new / empty database), it can not go to step3.

Error in step2 is:

Failed to contact API server http://MyServer.domain.com/csweb/api/ : Client error: POST http://MyServer.domain.com/csweb/api/token resulted in a 401 Unauthorized response: {"type":"error","status":401,"code":"invalid_grant","message":"Invalid username and password combination"}

I am doing a new, empty installation with latest CS Pro web 7.x.

Any ideas? Tx
aaronw

Re: Installing CS Pro web does not work

Post by aaronw »

I was able to duplicate this error when I used the incorrect "CSWeb admin password" for an existing setup. Try a new database name altogether and see if that allows you to complete the configuration process.
Hoth.si

Post by Hoth.si »

Thank you for your response. I have tried to create another database, but the same. My database access is ok, and MySQL database is empty.
I do not understand why setup does not work ....
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

This is not an issue with access to your MySQL database. The setup follows a series of steps. It will create the database and then test the connection. The database appears to be created without issue. However, the test connect is failing, because the username and password are a invalid. At least this is what the error message is indicating.

I can imagine this happening if you were to create a MySQL database which store a username/password for CSWeb. Then on a subsequent setup attempt you referenced the same MySQL database, but with a different username/password for CSWeb.

It sounds like you've recreated the database with the same issue. I'm hoping the above explanation will give you some insight into what might be going wrong. So we are on the same page here are the values I might use for a dev configuration.
  1. Database name = newdb
  2. Hostname = localhost
  3. Database username = root
  4. Database password =
  5. CSWeb admin password = password
Note: If newdb has not been created, the setup script will create it. My suggestion is to allow the setup script to create it.
Hoth.si

Post by Hoth.si »

I understand that initial setup will create database tables, and that is ok and that I need.
However it seems that tables were created in my case, and then after I did have other issues.

Thank you for the reminder, it is resolved now.

Solution was to delete all mysql tables in database and run setup again.

Thank you,
Kind regards