Changing to CSPro v7

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
josh

Re: Changing to CSPro v7

Post by josh »

You are missing some of the files that go with the application. You need more than just the .ent file. You need the .mgf file, the .fmf file etc...

It is also possible you trying to open it from within zip file. If it is in a zip file you need to extract the zip archive and open the extracted file.
claudia

Post by claudia »

Great thanks, it works now.

However, I am still unable to create the data collection in DB format. Could you please tell me step by step what I have to do to collect the data in DB format on my tablet?

I created the CAPI program on a computer in windows, but the data collection will be done on five different android tablets.
I tried testing the db format on my computer (in windows) by running the application (to enter a new case) and in the column on the right I tried changing "text" to "csprodb" but again I get the following error message: "the selected file is not in cspro DB format. Please choose a different file or set the source type to text".

How can I ensure that the data I will collect on the tablets will be in db format? If I am not mistaken I need to collect it in db format in order to be able to synchronise the tablets with dropbox.

Are you able to help me?
josh

Post by josh »

If you already have a data file in text format then you can't use it as a csdb file. Use a different filename for the data file so that it will create a new file in csdb format.
claudia

Post by claudia »

Hi,

I still haven't managed to solve this problem unfortunately. I renamed my scpro data entry application with a new name and tried running it with cspro v7.0 and starting to record the first case. The little window pops up where I am asked to select the "input data file" (see image); this time the right column is correctly set on CSPro DB "source type" but there is no "input data file" in .csdb format I can choose from.
cspro.jpg
cspro.jpg (85.14 KiB) Viewed 6860 times
Can you please help me?

Many thanks!
josh

Post by josh »

You just need to give the directory and filename and CSPro will create the file for you. Click on the button with the three little dots. This brings up a file dialog. Browse to the directory you want to save your data file in and then enter the name of the data file to use.
claudia

Post by claudia »

Ok, I see! So now I have managed to create a first case in DB format on my computer (in windows). However, the real data collection will happen on tablets (android), so how can I ensure that the data will be collecte in DB format on the tablets? I guess the tablet doesn't ask me to create a file like the computer does...

Thanks
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

The name of your data file is stored in the .pff file that you copy to the Android tablet (along with the .pen file). When you create that file on Windows and select a CSPro DB file, then that same kind of file will be created on the tablet.
claudia

Post by claudia »

Thanks. So in theory it should be working but when I still don't manage to synchronise my tablet with dropbox despite having installed cspro 7.0 on my computer (windows) and having created a new case in DB format on my computer as you suggested. The tablet still gives me the message that this version of cspro doesn't allow synchronising with dropbox and when I click ok the only option I get is to synchronise with a stp server.
photo_2018-03-27_18-34-53.jpg
photo_2018-03-27_18-34-53.jpg (90.19 KiB) Viewed 6836 times
photo_2018-03-27_18-34-49.jpg
photo_2018-03-27_18-34-49.jpg (91.71 KiB) Viewed 6836 times
Could you please help me out?
Many thanks!
josh

Post by josh »

That is the old (6.3) synchronization. You need to first open your data entry application to see the list of cases. From that screen you click on synchronize. Take a look at this document that describes the process: http://www.csprousers.org/resources/Sim ... ropbox.pdf
claudia

Post by claudia »

Thanks, that document was really useful, that was exactly what I needed!

I followed all the steps but at the end, when trying to download the data file from dropbox I get this error message:
photo_2018-03-28_10-45-20.jpg
photo_2018-03-28_10-45-20.jpg (99.5 KiB) Viewed 6832 times
I'd be really grateful for your help!