Changing to CSPro v7

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
josh

Re: Changing to CSPro v7

Post by josh »

First, make sure you are using version 7.1 on your PC. There was an issue with download from Dropbox on some machines in 7.0 that was fixed in 7.1.

If that does not help then as the error message says please look in the log file for details. On Windows the log file can found in C:\users\<your username>\appdata\Roaming\CSPro\sync.log. Please post the error message from that file here so we can see what is going on.
claudia

Post by claudia »

Hi,

I changed to cspro v7.1 and now it works! Thanks for the help.

I have another question regarding synchronisation with dropbox: I will be removing the data from dropbox as it comes in, and as soon as I have dowloaded the data onto my computer because I don't want them to stay on the internet for long and because I will probably not have enough space on dropbox. In the data viewer, if I click "synchronise" will it only dowload new cases from dropbox to my computer, or will it literally synchronise so remove data from my computer if this data is no longer present on dropbox?

Also, could you kindly tell me where to find instructions to export the data from cspro v7.1 data viewer into Excel please?

Many thanks!
josh

Post by josh »

Sync will not delete the data from your computer if you delete it from the Dropbox. However the system is designed for you to leave the data in the Dropbox and not delete it. If you delete the data from the Dropbox, the next the tablet uploads data it will upload all the data on the tablet that is not in the Dropbox so you will end up uploading a lot of extra data.

To export to Excel use the Export Data tool from the Tools menu in CSPro and export to CSV format. You can then open the CSV file in Excel. There is more info the Export Data tool in the help.