Deployment Package- SETUP.EXE

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
leulae

Deployment Package- SETUP.EXE

Post by leulae »

Dear All,

Is there a way to create one package (like Setup.exe) to distribute the CSPro DATA ENTRY application together with CSPro. When run setup.exe it should install both CSPro data entry component as well developed data entry application (PEN+PFF). Finally it should add short cut to desktop.

Please guide me

Thanks in advance

Leulae
josh

Re: Deployment Package- SETUP.EXE

Post by josh »

There isn't anything like that built into CSPro. We use the free product NSIS (https://sourceforge.net/projects/nsis/) to create the CSPro installer. You could probably build something using that. There is a lot of information on NSIS available online.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Hi Josh,
It's a very interesting idea to install Csentry with user designed application, this with shortcut to desktop and program file.
I've already installed NSIS, but i would like to know:
a) Can we create installer for Csentry exe and associated dll, files so do user created application?
b) If a) is YES, can we have a list of all associated files (dll and other exe) for Csentry installation?

Thanks in advance,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
leulae

Post by leulae »

Thank you all, I will try this

Leulae
josh

Post by josh »

For the CSPro installation, all the dlls are installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\CSPro 7.0. I would include all the dlls in that directory and just leave the exe files that you don't want.