Password to open app

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
arkagwa

Password to open app

Post by arkagwa »

Dear Josh

Currently anybody can just enter in CSEntry app by entering and value (Operator-ID). I was expecting this to be a password set in .PFF file and given to interviewers to enter each time they start the program. This is important to avoid anybody to manipulate data when the device is lost and may be was not locked.
josh

Re: Password to open app

Post by josh »

Some people have implemented their own password mechanism using a check on the operator id or using the prompt function.

We recommend putting a password on the device in the Android settings rather than on CSEntry. On Android this not only restricts access to the device if it is lost but also encrypts the data on the device with very strong encryption so that even if someone were to open up the tablet and remove the storage media they could not access the data. This much stronger than any security CSEntry could provide.
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

How to check operator id?! I have set some password for operator id but if i try any letter allows to access csentry file

OperatorId=ABCD or 1234
josh

Post by josh »

OperatorID is not a variable. You need to use the getoperatorid() function. Something like:
PROC MYAPP_FF
preproc

if getoperatorid() <> "ABCD" and getoperatorid() <> "1234" then

errmsg("Invalid id");

stop(1);
endif;