Building Audit Trail in CSPro

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
femi

Building Audit Trail in CSPro

Post by femi »

Dear CSPro developers,

I would like to know if you already have a way of building an Audit Trail in CSPro. I have been working on finding a solution to this issue for the past 3 weeks. Actually, the Audit trail is needed to monitor what changes were made by the operator after initial data entry. I would be glad to hear from you asap.

Best regards,
htuser

Re: Building Audit Trail in CSPro

Post by htuser »

Dear Femi,
I'm thinking to implement the same audit trail. I already imagine that it will not be so difficult because Cspro already have function such as demode(), highlighted and writecase that i will use to finalize it. First you must write a function to track change and use this function in each items in logic. It require you to write a lot of codes, but this way is the shortest.

I'll start to write it for the next 7.0 Version, maybe first november week, so i'll share some logics with you, if needed.
Best regards,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
Gregory Martin

Re: Building Audit Trail in CSPro

Post by Gregory Martin »

Right now CSPro will not do this for you, but you can probably achieve a lot of what you want by using logic.

Using the filewrite statement, you can write out information about things that the interviewer is doing.

There's also an On_Focus function that you can create that will get called every time you reach a new field. As an example, you could use this to write out information about the interviewer, the field he is on, and the time that he is on the field:
file auditFile;

function On_Focus()

filewrite(auditFile,"%s,%s,%08d,%06d",getoperatorid(),getsymbol(),sysdate("YYYYMMDD"),systime());

end;