Valuesets for tabulation applications..

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Anne

Valuesets for tabulation applications..

Post by Anne »

As I'm finally starting to play with tabulation in CSPro, I have yet another feature request: It would have been great to dynamically specify the value sets here too!

A typical situation is that you have a survey where you maybe use a sample file and you make region- and district valuesets dynamically from this file. And the problem is of course that then you can't make tables having geographic variables as stubs or column headers..

(I do understand that this is a lot to ask for as there doesn't even seem to be a programmer interface for the tabulation applications :roll: )

Anne
josh

Re: Valuesets for tabulation applications..

Post by josh »

Have you looked at doing tables by area using an area names file?
Anne

Post by Anne »

Interesting. Didn't know about this, and I'm sure it covers most of the problems. But what a bad name for the concept: Right now I'm writing an application where I have a number of interviewer teams, and to log in, the interviewer first choose the team, then their own ID within the team - and I realize this can be built by using area names file :)

..and even though I can't come up with an example where I need dynamic value sets in tabulation, I'm sure that sooner or later I'm going to need them - or don't you think so? :)

Anne
josh

Post by josh »

I've never found a need for it in tables. If you find one let us know.