tabulation between records

Discussions about tabulating data in the designer or in batch mode
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
atr

tabulation between records

Post by atr »

Dear Users,

I have a variable in a Person record that captures each persons income. I want to tabulate household income by summing all these individual income for each household and show the average household income by region.

Grateful for any assistance.
Gregory Martin

Re: tabulation between records

Post by Gregory Martin »

You can do this by creating a new variable in your working storage dictionary and then using table logic to fill that variable in with the sum of the individual incomes. See more here:

http://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/ta ... logic.html
atr

Post by atr »

Thanks Greg.... much appreciated.
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

Dear Josh

With the current version 7.1 can can i write a tablogic to create a summary/statistical tables and the export to excel or word for reporting?
Can i create a dashboard to view all project indicators' statistics?This should be done via clicking menu and button to create the summary report.
josh

Post by josh »

You can export tables as RTF which can be imported into Word, tab delimited which can be imported into Excel or as HTML which can be used directly for reporting. You could have a dashboard menu program that uses execpff to launch the tabulation program.

You can also use the new HTML reporting features in CSPro 7.1 to write HTML reports directly from CSPro logic in a data entry or batch application. See "templated reports" in the help for details.
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

Dear Josh

Thanks very much for your support, Can i get one sample or example of dashboard menu program that uses execpff to launch the tabulation program?? :)
josh

Post by josh »

I don't have any examples of launching tabulation. Maybe someone else on the forum can post one?