.pen file

Discussions about tabulating data in the designer or in batch mode
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
RERII

.pen file

Post by RERII »

I have a major problem. My computer crashed and the only thing I had left was the .pen file I put on a tablet. is there anyway way I can get a dictionary file from there? PLEASE HELP
Gregory Martin

Re: .pen file

Post by Gregory Martin »

Hello,

It is possible for us to extract the dictionary for you. If you send your .pen file to greg@csprousers.org, I'll send back your dictionary.
htuser

Post by htuser »

I hope that RERII has the authorization to use this pen file...or this pen was effectively built by RERII's team or by RERII. In fact with the use of internet and tablet, there's a real threat for unauthorized dissemination of data, mainly in some countries as mine, where that can cause severe security problem...for many families. With geographic coordinates, name, adress, financial assets recorded etc. if gangsters can decode survey data (socioeconomic data by example)...it may be very dangerous... It's because we must have some way to encrypt data file for avoid such problems...and not extract dcf if an user can't prove that it has right to use the pen file...
Sincerely,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
RERII

Post by RERII »

I do have permission, and yes the files are mine. Thanks Greg I'll send them to you this afternoon. The problem was I created the screen, crashed my computer and forgot the proper way to setup the GPS and picture taking button. We use ODK for most work but the cleaning at the end is terrible. I would prefer CSPro, but I forgot how to set things up.For the future I think I'll include my name in all programs somewhere so if I ever forget no one will doubt it was designed by me.