failure to run batch program to export to STATA

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
wzhang

failure to run batch program to export to STATA

Post by wzhang »

Dear friends,

I had been exporting data from CSPro to STATA without any problem until today i started getting error message saying "run batch program has stopped working", which left me no option but to close the program. After several failed attempts, I re-started my computer, which didn't help. I then removed the CSPro 5 and installed CSPro 6, but the same problem occurred. Could anyone please offer some advice? Thank you very much in advance!

Wei
josh

Re: failure to run batch program to export to STATA

Post by josh »

It is hard to tell what the problem is from that error. If you could you post or private message me an export specification file and an example data file that exhibits the problem we could take a look.

Also CSExport should generate a CSPro batch edit application in the same directory as your export spec file (or dictionary file). You could try opening up that batch application in CSPro designer and running it directly to see if you get a more descriptive error message.
pelin

Post by pelin »

I have the same problem. Could it be related to windows 10? I ran CsPro Win 7 compatability mode and the problem was solved by this way.

wzhang wrote:Dear friends,

I had been exporting data from CSPro to STATA without any problem until today i started getting error message saying "run batch program has stopped working", which left me no option but to close the program. After several failed attempts, I re-started my computer, which didn't help. I then removed the CSPro 5 and installed CSPro 6, but the same problem occurred. Could anyone please offer some advice? Thank you very much in advance!

Wei
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

pelin, can you send us your export specification (the dictionary .dcf file along with the export .exf file)? If so, we can try to figure out why this isn't working for you in Windows 10. cspro@lists.census.gov