Concatenate - not enough disk space error

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
osmcdoom

Concatenate - not enough disk space error

Post by osmcdoom »

Dear CSPro community,

Has anyone experienced the problem that when attempting to concatenate several data files, you receive the message 'Concatenation failed. Not enough space for the concatenated files on \\. You need at least 138165961 bytes free.' [this is approximately 1.4GB)

I'm running CSPro 5.0 on a Mac using Parallels, a virtual machine that has set aside 8GB RAM for the Windows emulation and has 27GB of hard disk space free. All suggestions most welcome!
Gregory Martin

Re: Concatenate - not enough disk space error

Post by Gregory Martin »

Can you successfully concatenate any files, or is it only when trying to concatenate many big files?

Does Parallels use lettered drives? the Concatenate Data tool, run directly on Windows, would have said something like: "Not enough space for the concatenated files on C:\"

That tool uses a Windows function called GetDiskFreeSpace to determine how much space is on your drive, and I'm wondering why that is failing for you. Can you try concatenating your files to a different drive, or a different folder on your drive?
naylinnsoe

Re: Concatenate - not enough disk space error

Post by naylinnsoe »

I also faced this type of problem when I concatenate files located on network drive or on the server.

I solved by copy the files and pasted to local computer HDD C: or D: and concatenate.

I think this type of error do not depend on file size.
This may be depend on file location.
We should concatenate files on local computer.
Myanmar