How to use frequencies?

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
tatadano

How to use frequencies?

Post by tatadano »

Greetings! I have an upcoming project but this time it deals with frequencies. Do we have a manual of some sort on how to use it? Or in what circumstances/situations that it will be use? I would like to know how it can be done. A million thanks in advance.
Gregory Martin

Re: How to use frequencies?

Post by Gregory Martin »

If you open up the Tabulation Frequencies tool (CSFreq) and press F1, you can read the helps for that program. What is your specific question?

In general, people use frequencies to get a quick "snapshot" about what their data looks like. Many people create final tables using either CSPro's tabulation system or a program like SPSS, but to easily see the contents of a data file, the frequencies tool is quick to use and powerful.
tatadano

Post by tatadano »

Thanks for the reply. At least I have now a general idea how it works or how it can be done. So its more like a preview or a viewer..something like that.
tatadano

Post by tatadano »

I think you also mentioned what's the use of tabulation. Yeah, its great to know. Mostly, my work deals only with data entry and a little bit of programming and this time I would to explore some of its tools. Thanks a lot.