Automate tools options

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
jberilo

Automate tools options

Post by jberilo »

how to automate tools options???? (export, concatenate,sort , etc..)
Gregory Martin

Re: Automate tools options

Post by Gregory Martin »

Whenever you run a tool, a PFF file gets created with the settings that you have selected. These PFF files can be used for automating tasks, which is especially useful in production. Sometimes the files must be used along with a specification file.

Of the programs you mentioned, concatenate runs only off of a PFF. Sort and export run off a PFF and a specification file (.ssf for sort and .exf for export).

Generally my recommendation is to run a program with the settings that you like, and then open the PFF file in a text viewer (such as Notepad++). By looking at the PFF contents you'll see how you can customize settings (like file names) to your liking.
Mariovaisman

Post by Mariovaisman »

Hi, about to execute a tool using the pff file, I tried to execute the export to spss, it was working properly under cspro in the interactive mode, but when I tried to execute the pff file created in the interactive session, nothing happended, it took some time and when it ended, I didn't receive any list of the execution and no files were created, it was like it didn't execute.

The version of cspro that I have installed is 5.0.2 and I am using windows 7 x64.

Thanks

Mario Vaisman
Mariovaisman

Post by Mariovaisman »

I found the solution for the issue that I explained in the previous post.

With CsPro 5.0.2 and Windows 7 x64, I found that if I change the properties in the shortcut of the pff file to be compatible with XP SP3, it starts working correctly.

However, after this test, I decided to move to CsPro 5.0.3, and with this version, it is working properly without the change of the compatibility.