unable to export data

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
dmeo

unable to export data

Post by dmeo »

Hi
My data is in csdb format. I am trying to export the data into SPSS or excel. To do so, I follow the standard steps--I select the tab Tools in the menu bar. Then I select the export data, choose dictionary file after selecting all the check boxes. I then "run" it by clicking on the traffic light and select the data csdb file.
However I receive a message box saying that Run Batch Program has stopped working and the SPSS dataset is finally not generated.
Shall be thankful for any help in resolving the issue.
Thanks
josh

Re: unable to export data

Post by josh »

Sounds like a bug. Please send your data file to cspro@lists.census.gov.
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

Dear Josh

I have problem with data export from cspro to spss format using export tool. I am getting error the file created in not valid, unfortunately it was generated automatic with cspro 7 "Exported.dat and Exported.sps" . see attached error
Screenshot 2017-07-28 20.23.47.png
Screenshot 2017-07-28 20.23.47.png (152.1 KiB) Viewed 8398 times
josh

Post by josh »

Try putting the exported.dat and exported.spss file in a different directory. Click on the "..." to browse a different directory on your computer.
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

Thanks this solution worked good.
bhayusufianto

Post by bhayusufianto »

Dear Josh,
I am using CSpro 7.0. Previously I'v made it exporting csbd file to csv file for several times. However at this time, after click the traffic light, I got error message as shown in pict. After I clicked that error message, there come up following error message, saying "Record Type Length too large (...). Max is 9". I coundnt find any solution. Appreciate much you help.

I've tried to reinstall CSpro and tried to export my csbd file to csv file, but the error message popped up again and I couldnt do file exporting.
bhayusufianto

Post by bhayusufianto »

Dear Josh,

If I only select few records, here comes the the error message.
How can I figure out the "qualifier". Thank you

bhayusufianto

Post by bhayusufianto »

Dear Josh,

I got prompt reply from cspro@lists.census.gov (Gregory Martin). He advised me to move the dict file into another folder. After I did that, the exporting process worked very well...

Thank you.