Missing data upon export to .csv

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
sebary

Missing data upon export to .csv

Post by sebary »

Dear all,

I am a new user on CSPro. I collected my data on the field with the software and after synchronisation I check the .csv file and I have missed some data.

During data collection, I had to make some arrangements and I did slight modifications of the dictionary file (.dcf), a newer version of the survey also had newer dictionary and less questions. My problem is that, when data is sync by dropbox and later exported to cvs files, I am missing data that was correctly gathered!

I tried switching the dcf file for export, copying the files from device directly (instead of the dropbox sync), etc. but I am unable to see the full information on my screen. Then some surveys where fully synchronised and exported. But other enumerators had these problems.

I would be thankful for any advice at this point. Thank you!
josh

Re: Missing data upon export to .csv

Post by josh »

Are you missing entire cases or just some variables from some cases?

If you are missing entire cases then you may have introduced errors in the data by changing the dictionary. Export will fail to export a case if, for example it is missing a required record or if it has too many occurrences of a record. If this happens you should see error messages/warnings in the export report file.

It is also possible that in changing your dictionary you made the start positions in the data file for certain variables no longer match the start positions in your dictionary. If this is the case then you should use the reformat data tool to convert from the old dictionary format to the new dictionary format before exporting.