CSPro 5.0.1 Released!

CSPro News
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Gregory Martin

CSPro 5.0.1 Released!

Post by Gregory Martin »

The new version of CSPro, 5.0, has been officially released and is available on the Census Bureau's website:

http://www.census.gov/population/intern ... nload.html

The most notable feature of this new version is the addition of Unicode support. From the release email:

This version has some significant improvements:
  • Internationalization. CSPro now has full support for non-Latin languages (Unicode). This is a large change to CSPro and even affects users who use only Latin languages. Read the "Unicode Primer" in the help documentation for more information on how this change will affect you.
  • Data and specification files are saved in UTF-8 encoding instead of ASCII/ANSI format.
  • New multiline alpha fields, useful for addresses, memos, or notes.
  • The tick marks on alpha fields can be removed to support scripts with connecting features, such as Arabic, or scripts where multiple keystrokes comprise one character, such as Devanagari.
  • Users can modify the font used in the CSPro Designer.
  • A PDA (PocketPC) version is no longer supported.
Anne

Re: CSPro 5.0.1 Released!

Post by Anne »

Good news indeed. Congratualtions on the release! Gonna be fun to use it.

..but I was hoping for a version for android. What are the plans? Is it just around the corner, or should I stop holding my breath while waiting for it?

Anne
Gregory Martin

Re: CSPro 5.0.1 Released!

Post by Gregory Martin »

The Android version is planned, but not just around the corner. I expect a release in 2013, but probably more like the middle of the year.