Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
mgtoukam

Syn data Error 100101

Post by mgtoukam »

Hi team

I am the following problem.

I use Csweb and Cspro 7.2.1 version and after inser the sync csweb logic in the program, when i finished the data collection, i have the following message:

Error connecting to the server: Dictionnary *****_wave1_DICT does not exist ...(404).

The primary dictonnary have the following name : ****_wave1.

In the syncdata logic i write : syncdata(PUT,****_WAVE1_DICT)

How to resolve the issue ?

Michel
josh

Re: Syn data Error 100101

Post by josh »

You need to upload the dictionary to CSWeb before you can sync it. You can upload it using the CSWeb interface (http://<yourserver>/csweb/ui) or using the Deploy Applications tool.
mgtoukam

Post by mgtoukam »

Hi Josh,

I use the deploy tools.
But I have the error is during the sync of data collected.
josh

Post by josh »

When you deploy to CSWeb make sure to check the box next to the name of your dictionary to make sure it is uploaded along with the application.

You can verify that the dictionary has been uploaded by logging into the csweb interface on the server and looking at the list of dictionaries.
mgtoukam

Post by mgtoukam »

Thanks Josh,

But in the csweb interface the dictionnary uploaded have the name : ****_wave1.
What is the logic we have to write in the syncdata(PUT,****_WAVE1_DICT) or syncdata(PUT,****_WAVE1) ?

regards.
josh

Post by josh »

That is strange. I thought you put the ** because you didn't want to share the name of the dictionary. A dictionary should not have a name with *** in it. When you open the dictionary in CSPro designer what is the name? Not the name of the file but the name of the dictionary that will usually end with "_DICT". You can see it when you click on the topmost node in the dictionary tree on the left of the screen. It will then show the label and name on the right.
mgtoukam

Post by mgtoukam »

thanks Josh

I just put the **** in the name of the dictonnary because i didin't want to share the name.
The issue is not solved and it's strange. This is the logic I usualy used for the sync.
string cswebServerUrl = "http://www.myserver.com/api";

// connect to the CSWeb server
if syncconnect(CSWeb,cswebServerUrl) then

// get the latest versions of the application files from the CSWeb server
syncfile(GET,"/DOCTOR/DOCTOR_WAVE1.pff");
syncfile(GET,"/DOCTOR/DOCTOR_WAVE1.pen");

// send the latest cases to the CSWeb server
syncdata(PUT,DOCTOR_WAVE1_DICT);

syncdisconnect();

endif;

What happend?
josh

Post by josh »

Ok. So the dictionary name does not have *** in it. Your logic looks fine. The problem could be that the dictionary on the server doesn't match what you have in the application. Try deleting the dictionary on the server from the CSWeb interface in the browser and then uploading your dictionary again. If that doesn't work then it could be a problem with the server configuration.
mgtoukam

Post by mgtoukam »

hi Josh

I'm deleting the app and the dictionnary in the csweb interface and in the tablette i used. I upolading againg the application in the csweb interface. I sync the application in the tablette and i collected the data. At the end of the data collection, i try to sync the data and i have the same message.

Error 100101
Error connecting to the server: Dictionnary *****_wave1_DICT does not exist ...(404).

What wrong?
Michel
josh

Post by josh »

Can you send me your dictionary? You can email it to cspro@lists.census.gov or attach it to a private message on this forum if you don't want to share it publicly.