Dropbox Synchronize for multi enumerators ... CSPro 7.2

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
dropboxtestcso

Dropbox Synchronize for multi enumerators ... CSPro 7.2

Post by dropboxtestcso »

Hi everybody ,,Please help
I am using CSPro 7.2 and I have multi enumerators in field. So can I make a unique folder for every enumerator according to their UID or OperatorID when they synchronize data file from tablets in field to server in office with one Dropbox account.
How can do that by logic statement and where have to put the statement or can do it by PFF Editor tool??
Thanks!!
Gregory Martin

Re: Dropbox Synchronize for multi enumerators ... CSPro 7.2

Post by Gregory Martin »

If you're using syncfile you can control where files go, but if you're using the syncdata function or Simple Sync, then the data all goes into one location. There is no way to separate the data into unique folders unless you give each enumerator different Dropbox accounts.
dropboxtestcso

Post by dropboxtestcso »

Thanks Gregory Martin ,
Can u explain more about how can use syncfile to solve my problem plz ?!

Best regards!!
josh

Post by josh »

While you can use syncfile to send each enumerators data to a different folder we do not recommend this approach. With the old pre-version 7 we used to always send each enumerators data to a different folder in the Dropbox in order to avoid one enumerator overwriting the data file sent by another enumerator. This was because the old way of doing synchronization was limited and always uploaded the entire data file. With the smart synchronization added in version 7 the system now only uploads cases that were modified or new since the last synchronization. This means that the data file from one enumerator does not overwrite the file from another. Instead all of the cases are combined together into a single data file. This makes it easier to manage the data since you do not need to concatenate the data files from each enumerator. If you want to know which enumerator has uploaded which case you can simply add a variable to your dictionary to store the enumerator id and fill in the value in your application logic. Then when you download the combined data file you can run a frequency of the enumerator id.

If you still want to upload each enumerators to a different file you can see this post that has an example: http://www.csprousers.org/forum/viewtop ... t=syncfile
dropboxtestcso

Post by dropboxtestcso »

It's clear now .. Thanks a lot Josh