Dropbox synchronization

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Diane

Dropbox synchronization

Post by Diane »

Hi to all,
I am using computers that I need to configure for dropbox synchronization. I tried to update Internet Explorer but I could not to IE11.
How can I put Google Chrome or any other Explorer as default for CsPro?
josh

Re: Dropbox synchronization

Post by josh »

Unfortunately for the Dropbox login window CSPro uses a standard Windows control that embeds IE. It is not possible to switch that to use a different browser. You will have to update your machine to a newer version of IE or find a different computer in order to use Dropbox sync.
btri Arjun

Post by btri Arjun »

Dear CSPro users,

We are conducting a survey of 150 clusters and each cluster has 30 households. I prefixed the data file depending on cluster number ie if a cluster is 25 than data file name is H025.CSDB.
filewrite(pfffile, concat("InputData=", strip(DataFolder), "\", hFilePrefix,xCluster,".CSDB"));
Now, how to sync the data file in the dropbox. I tried to function form example folder of CSPro 7.2 but I could not do it. Please give me function/ logic to do it.
Thank you.

Best,
Arjun
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

When working with CSDB files you do not need to uniquely name and manage the data files. Instead of sending data files to Dropbox (pre-CSPro 7.0 behavior) the cases will be sent and merged into a single CSDB file. What is important is organizing your id items in a way that makes it easy to filter them in a useful way. For example, your id items might be composed of a cluster number and a household number.

Take a look at the synchronization overview. Then walk through the steps to synchronize with Dropbox: In the future, please create a new thread for your question.
Diane

Post by Diane »

Thank you Josh.
I finally updated all the computers.